The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has cleared 24 governorship aspirants as its candidates to contest the 2019 governorship election in 24 states.
The party’s Acting National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yekini Nabena, announced this in a statement on Friday in Abuja.
Nabena said the decision was taken following the conclusion of the governorship primaries in the states involved, at the end of the NWC meeting on Thursday.
According to him, the NWC at the meeting, ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and adopted the under-listed as the party’s governorship candidates for the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
1. ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
2. MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
3. SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
4. NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
5. MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
6. AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
7. ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
8. AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
9. ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
10. BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
11. MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
12. ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
13. EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
14. BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
15. TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
16. UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
17. NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
18. ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
19. DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
20. GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
21. OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
22. INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
23. SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
24. SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE
The APC governorship primaries have yet to hold in Imo, Zamfara, Adamawa and Enugu among some other states due to some challenges, according to the party’s national leadership.
All political parties are expected to conclude their primaries by Oct. 7, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) guidelines.